London, GB, Cambridge, GB, Onsite/Remote
In your role as Senior Legal Counsel, EMEA you will help us achieve our goals and deliver success on behalf of our customers by:
- Creating and negotiating complex artificial intelligence, academic joint development, machine learning, services, licensing, partner, and vendor agreements.
- Providing assistance with IP and coordinating with outside counsel, advising HR, advising and assisting our CFO team with procurement and oversight, and advising on how to safely navigate regulations and risk while providing our products and services to our customers.
- Being lead negotiator in varied and complex multi-national agreements and transactions across our global enterprise.
This role will be based from our London office, this is a hybrid role so you will ideally be comfortable coming into the office regularly. If you’re interested in the role but require more flexibility, please speak to us! Regional and International travel may be expected for meetings, legal team gatherings, customer meetings, and contract negotiations.
Day to Day
- Negotiating, reviewing, and drafting a wide variety of agreements supporting Featurespace’s expanding range of Risk, Fraud and AML products
- Working with customers and legal colleagues throughout the EMEA region
- Building positive relationships with business customers globally
- Developing expertise with Featurespace products and advising on the best approach to ensure legal compliance. This includes keeping abreast of new regulation and being an influencer in advisory groups to regulators and customers.
- Building complex and highly accurate understanding of Featurespace business, with ability to think quickly and proactively to recommend the best business solution
- Advising and assisting with Regulatory compliance matters both internally and in our communications and contractual commitments to customers
- Advising the CLO and members of senior management, business customers, and Featurespace teams on various aspects of Law in the EMEA region, with assistance from outside counsel where appropriate
- Advising on legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures and company policies
- Assisting with other legal, risk, and compliance functions as needed, including transactions in the Americas, EMEA, and APAC as requested by the CLO
- Supporting and developing the legal department and other key stakeholders within the business, helping them to gain understanding of the importance and changing nature of various legal matters
- Liaising with outside counsel where appropriate to meet business goals in a timely manner
- Creation of internal templates and guidance, including overseeing translations provided by other parties