ABOUT THE ROLE
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for a Customer Support Hero to help us achieve this.
As a Customer Support Hero, your work will have a very tangible, real-world impact: moving house is a major life event and you will have direct influence over making this the smoothest experience possible.
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!).
These are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy on a day to day basis:
- Working on live chat, inbound phone and email enquiries to solve a wide range of technical and navigational queries for our customers
- Offering and delivering first class customer service
- Identifying reasons for both simple and more complex technical queries our customers face - and helping us solve them long term
- Working cross-functionally with other teams in the business to resolve customer queries
- Learning and adapting to new product releases and technical changes
- Becoming an expert in our product and contributing your feedback to stakeholders within the business
You should apply if:
- you have previous experience of working within customer service or a technical support team delivering first class customer experience
- you have previous experience working in a targeted environment
- you have excellent attention to detail with effective written and verbal communication skills
- you are tech savvy - you enjoy learning new systems and can switch between multiple platforms with speed and accuracy
- you have a customer centric mindset are are able to demonstrate empathy and resilience whilst understanding the needs of our customers
Key characteristics to succeed in the role are:
- a positive attitude and work well under pressure and targets
- Organisation and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to absorb information and updates quickly
- Ability to adapt your communication style to suit your audience
And it would be super great if:
- you have worked with support tools like Zendesk or Salesforce before
- you are full of ideas, are not shy about expressing them and get excited about executing them
- you know what it’s like to work in a young company and love the vibe (and sometimes chaos!)
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 2500 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 200 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 10th Great Place to Work in the UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 23rd Wellbeing Great Place to Work in UK Large- sized businesses 2022
- 18th best workplace for Women in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 13th best workplaces for Tech in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer - Top 100 for 2022
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BEING A GOODLORDIAN:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our
for more info).
🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
💕 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot (subject to passing probation and fair usage principles). We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core
is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **Apply now