GetYourGuide is the globally leading marketplace for unforgettable travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to discover the best things to do in a destination. Since its founding in 2009, travelers from over 170 countries have booked more than 80 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of over 700 travel experts and technologists, we are headquartered in Berlin and have 17 local offices around the world. Visit our careers website to learn more.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you'll join our growing Data Products team and have a chance to make an enormous impact. The vast and diverse set of structured and unstructured data GetYourGuide has collected empowering data products such as search, recommendations, SEM, or incentives. We have touch points across the business and aim to develop end-to-end solutions.
The Activity Ranking Team (ART) builds data products that help our customers discover GetYourGuide's products that are most relevant to them. Relevance is individual; it depends on a variety of factors: personal interests and requirements, the state of the user journey, external factors such as weather, current location, time and many other things. At the same time, product suppliers have an interest in seeing their products in a prominent position. The challenge is to do justice to both sides.
The complexity of the question translates into complex challenges regarding the architecture and the algorithms used. Our DS and MLOps engineers work closely with the other Marketplace teams on this to get the data products from the initial idea to production quickly.
- Build data products that delight our customers and contribute to company success
- Own your projects from the business problem to the code in production, including ...
- … the analysis of vast amounts of data
- … the development and maintenance of data pipelines
- … the monitoring of your data products after deployment
- Contribute to our machine learning infrastructure and best practices
- Make your team more extraordinary via continuous improvements and your support in recruiting
Who you are
- Software Engineering You are fluent in the Python programming language. Working knowledge of distributed machine learning and computing framework (Spark) is a plus.
- Analytics You can transform data into wisdom. You know how to test hypotheses. You are proficient with an analytics tool (pandas, R) and with SQL.
- Business Experience You applied the skills mentioned above in a business environment for 4+ years. A track record of result-driven work gives evidence of this.
- Machine Learning You apply regressors, classifiers, and recommenders. You understand in detail the underpinning of ML techniques. You have applied experience in setting machine learning models into production.
- Academic Background You have an advanced degree in a quantitative field and can quickly learn new skills or techniques.
How we set you up for success:
- Invest in your development with an annual personal growth budget
- Create a comfortable workspace at home with an annual home office budget
- Become a part of our success with virtual stock options
- Enjoy flexibility with a hybrid work-from-home and telecommuting policy
- Save on transportation costs with discounted public transportation tickets
- Support your loved ones with generous maternity and paternity leave policies
We look forward to hearing from you
Unlock your full potential and join our mission to create unforgettable experiences for millions around the world. If you have the skills and passion for joining our team, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV/resume in English through the form below. Check out how we hire for tips and visibility into our process and check out life at GetYourGuide. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer
Our commitment is that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application. Apply now