About Reachdesk 🚀
Reachdesk is the only global, data-driven gifting platform that empowers companies to deliver moments that matter at scale. We help businesses create unforgettable experiences and build deeper connections with their prospects, customers, and employees by sending thoughtful, timely, and relevant gifts. We're assembling a world-class global team across offices in London, Lisbon and New York.
About the Role 📖
The Director of Accounting reports to the CFO and has responsibility for all aspects of the Accounting function at Reachdesk. The ideal candidate will be eager to take on a challenging role that will accelerate their development at a rapidly scaling software company. This is a highly visible role at Reachdesk with a wide-range of responsibilities.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a visible part of the Company’s management team.
- Partner cross-functionally with the management team.
- Lead, mentor, and support a US and UK-based team of accounting professionals.
- Maintain relationships with and oversee the work of consultants that assist with niche needs.
- Own accounting and financial operations across three countries.
- Oversee the day-to-day accounting and financial operations (accounts payable, expense reimbursement, accounting close, etc).
- Oversee all operations of our worldwide marketplace across multiple currencies and hundreds of vendors.
- Develop and maintain global accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
- Maintain the company’s accounting system along with software supporting other core Accounting functions.
- Consolidate financial reporting and provide insight for our management team.
- Design and manage our chart of accounts and reporting hierarchies.
- Manage the financial reporting and global consolidation process (in accordance with U.S. GAAP).
- Maintain timely and accurate financial reporting dashboards and deliver monthly reporting packages to our management team.
- Other reporting as needed.
- Drive the annual audit process.
- Manage the annual audit.
- Update our year-end technical accounting memos as needed.
- Facilitate tax compliance.
- Manage quarterly and annual tax payments.
- Drive sales and use tax compliance.
- Ensure compliance with VAT and other worldwide tax schemes.
- Own all treasury operations.
- Manage our banking relationship
- Manage all cash inflows and outflows
- Partner with FP&A on the monthly cash forecast
About You 🧠
- You’re passionate about Accounting!
- You have 5+ plus years of public/private accounting with a minimum of 2-years in a leadership role in Accounting.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- You have a proven track record of leading and developing high-performing accounting teams.
- You have a deep understanding of U.S. GAAP Accounting and extensive experience with the audit process.
- You have experience with multi-currency accounting and global consolidations.
- Experience working with a high growth start-up or scale-up is a definite plus!
About the Perks & Benefits 👍
- Competitive salary of $160,000-$180,000 based upon experience.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Flexible & remote/hybrid working.
- Healthcare & wellness benefits & stipends.
- Dental, vision and medical plans.
- 401 match.
- An opportunity to grow quickly with a rocketship global scale-up that is breaking new ground.
- A super friendly working culture populated by fun and dedicated people.
**We believe that a diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner and we're actively seeking applications from candidates of all backgrounds. For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar size and stage companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.Apply now