As a Data Analyst, you will help drive measurement, strategy, and tactical decision-making within GetYourGuide. You will solve problems that could range from forecasting customers’ lifetime value, optimise our bidding strategies in ad networks or measure the incrementality of our different marketing channels.
GetYourGuide is the globally leading marketplace for unforgettable travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to discover the best things to do in a destination. Since its founding in 2009, travelers from over 170 countries have booked more than 80 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of over 700 travel experts and technologists, we are headquartered in Berlin and have 17 local offices around the world. Visit our careers website to learn more.
The Analytics team's mission is to enable the organisation to take action based on data. We work on a variety of problems and datasets as members of cross-functional mission teams. We take ownership of the entire analytics funnel from exploration through recommendations to impact measurement and take pride in the insights we generate.
- Develop quantitative analysis to drive product decisions.
- Help the product teams to learn about their features by designing and analyzing Experiments.
- Design and implement metrics, dashboards, and reports to guide the teams’ product strategy and success.
- Support the technical teams in tracking and producing more insightful data.
- Contribute to the learning and experimentation culture of the company by promoting hypothesis-driven product development and evaluation.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience interpreting data in an analytics, data science or business intelligence role.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and knowledge of Python.
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools (e.g. Looker, Jupyter Notebooks).
- Curiosity, reasoning skills with proven evidence of problem solving.
- Ability to understand user behavior and meaning behind the numbers.
- Desire to work in an international environment, with highly engaged individuals.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and high level of ownership.
- Great communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Experienced with the statistics and assumptions of experimentation.
- Previous experience working with agile product teams is a plus.
- Familiarity with ETL technologies like Airflow is a plus.
- Experience with big data tools (e.g. Spark, Hive) is a plus.
How we set you up for success:
- Invest in your development with an annual personal growth budget
- Create a comfortable workspace at home with an annual home office budget
- Become a part of our success with virtual stock options
- Enjoy flexibility with a hybrid work-from-home and telecommuting policy
- Save on transportation costs with discounted public transportation tickets
- Support your loved ones with generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Relocation assistance and visa support
We look forward to hearing from you
Unlock your full potential and join our mission to create unforgettable experiences for millions around the world. If you have the skills and passion for joining our team, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV/resume in English through the form below. The recruiter for this role is Stephen Rose.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Our commitment is that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Be sure to get recruitment tips and check out life on our blog. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected]
You will work with the best. At GetYourGuide, you will work with colleagues from over 75+ nationalities and diverse career paths; people who have been founders, engineers, writers, artists, and more. You will lead with strong values. Our values are at the core of how we make decisions, nurture our culture, grow as teams and individuals, and strengthen our mission. You will enjoy the experience. We are always prioritizing initiatives that help elevate our employees’ work experience.