GetYourGuide is the globally leading marketplace for unforgettable travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to discover the best things to do in a destination. Since its founding in 2009, travelers from over 170 countries have booked more than 80 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of over 700 travel experts and technologists, we are headquartered in Berlin and have 17 local offices around the world. Visit our careers website to learn more.
The Communications Team at GetYourGuide is responsible for telling our stories of discovery, passion, innovation and growth to our audiences across the world. Through crisp messaging and well-executed, integrated campaigns, we align, engage and inspire media contacts, supply partners, institutions, partners and our entire passionate team of more than 700 people in Berlin and in our global offices.
We are looking for an Employee Communications Lead who can bring the GetYourGuide story to our global team. Combining strong storytelling with creative campaign development and execution, you will be critical to driving our unique culture and development of the organization over time. You will work to enhance leadership communication at all levels, ensuring trust and clarity amongst the GetYourGuide team. This position is a maternity cover for 12 months - 14 months.
Based in Berlin, you will report directly to the executive level. You will work closely with the entire Communications team, the People team, various business departments as well as our Employee Representation Group. As GetYourGuide is a high-growth company, you must be adaptable to changing priorities, able to work under tight deadlines and be able to communicate decisions and priorities clearly.
- Messaging: Work with the C-level and Comms team to construct the story and top-line messaging for GetYourGuide, adapting it to engage and inspire the GetYourGuide team internally while externally resonating.
- Strategy & Planning: Own the overarching employee communication strategy and develop creative initiatives, programs and other tactics along with the People Team to achieve GetYourGuide’s team success goals.
- Content creation: Prepare the writing, visuals and presentations needed for engaging employees, including speakers’ prep, speakers’ notes, and other support necessary for successful delivery of messages.
- Campaign Execution: Manage the cadence, consistency and integration of campaign messaging, including development and delivery of channel-specific content (townhall, videos, playbooks, etc.), executing events, and leveraging feedback to optimize outcomes.
- Leadership Coaching: Provide clear preparation and feedback on messages and delivery to executives, leaders and others who deliver our employee message internally and externally.
- Collaboration: Work closely with the People and business teams to refine executions, collaborate on storytelling and share successes and challenges with Communications and Marketing functions.
- Measurement: Create and implement metrics, both qualitative and quantitative, to measure and evaluate the ongoing impact of the employee communications strategy.
- Manage budget: Manage spend (incl. freelancer/agency costs) and take responsibility for staying on budget.
Who you are
- 6+ years of experience in Communications, with at least 3 years of experience focused on the employee audience (employee comms, employer branding, etc)
- Must have worked in-house (experience in a high-growth technology organization is an advantage)
- Fluency in English
- Launched creative and strategic communications campaigns
- Established, committed to, and delivered on targets for employee communication
- Demonstrated ability to independently create storyboards, key messages, presentations, content and other communication media
- Demonstrated ability to manage communication through crises and changes internally
- Demonstrated success working with stakeholders - particularly in HR / People functions - to develop campaigns and achieve team success objectives
- Successfully coached executives, senior leaders and other speakers on messaging and delivery
- Respected by colleagues
- Aligns with GetYourGuide’s core values
- Passionate about our mission and our brand
How we set you up for success:
- Invest in your development with an annual personal growth budget
- Create a comfortable workspace at home with an annual home office budget
- Become a part of our success with virtual stock options
- Enjoy flexibility with a hybrid work-from-home and telecommuting policy
- Save on transportation costs with discounted public transportation tickets
- Support your loved ones with generous maternity and paternity leave policies
We look forward to hearing from you
Unlock your full potential and join our mission to create unforgettable experiences for millions around the world. If you have the skills and passion for joining our team, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV/resume in English through the form below. Check out how we hire for tips and visibility into our process and check out life at GetYourGuide. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected].
We are an equal-opportunity employer
Our commitment is that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application. Apply now