Job Role: Senior Merchandising Admin Assistant
Reporting to: Merchandiser
Location: Head Office, White City Place, West London
Contract type: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Workplace Type: Hybrid
ME+EM is one of the UK’s fastest-growing luxury fashion brands. As a direct-to-consumer business we operate in a truly multi-channel sense with six London stores, as well as concessions in Harrods and Selfridges, supporting a rapidly expanding global digital business. In the past 12 months sales have more than doubled to over £50m, and we now sell in more than 75 countries.
We are an entrepreneurial, creative, and passionate group of people. We work hard, are enthusiastic to learn and aren't afraid to take risks. Everyone contributes to our success at all levels, and that's precisely what makes being a member of the team so rewarding.
Our goal is to make ME+EM as diverse and inclusive as we possibly can and so, with that in mind, we have put into place processes and targets to help us achieve that goal. We make sure everyone has a voice with annual engagement surveys, employee-led committees, focus groups and quarterly town hall meetings. We pride ourselves on being approachable, supportive, and welcoming and ensure that everyone’s hard work is rewarded.
- Provide correct administration of all stock movements (intake, transfers, QC returns).
- Ensure all order and product attributes are updated and correctly uploaded onto the system.
- Produce weekly reports, reviewing sales and stock position to identify any opportunities to maximise sales and stock turnover.
- Liaise with our Suppliers and Warehouse to monitor the delivery process, highlighting delivery issues to the Buyers and Merchandisers.
- Works with eComm to ensure product launches are timely and accurate. Manages the process and delegates to junior MAAs, ensuring priorities are clear.
- Support the team by effectively managing the markdown administration.
- Support Merchandisers with ad hoc analysis, able to pull data from multiple sources and can manipulate this data to show/calculate what they need.
- Work with the team to ensure all department deadlines are being met.
- Has a commercial mindset.
- Has a pro active mindset and uses initiative to help drive the merchandising function through best practice and efficiencies.
- Runs trade reports on a rota, understanding trade terminology and report contents.
- Has good working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office suite.
- Acts as a mentor to the junior MAAs and leads by example – ensures all business-critical actions are prioritised
- Deputises for AM in their absence – e.g. run weekly and monthly reporting, attend cross functional meetings, manages supplier issues and escalates when needed.
- Is the key point of contact for internal and external departments (buying, shipping, suppliers etc.).
- Understands importance of accuracy, attention to detail and keeping on top of all admin/emails.
- Can attend critical path tracking meetings alone in the absence of the AM/Merchandiser and is confident to challenge where needed, making suggestions that are commercial, escalating when necessary.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience within a retail setting as an MAA/Senior MAA
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office suite
- Highly numerate
- Well organised
- Excellent attention to detail
- Uses initiative and can make commercial decisions
- Can deputise for more senior team members when necessary
- Has a positive attitude
- Works well within a team
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays and a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Generous Staff Discount of up to 70% off and Sample Sales
- Generous Friends and Family Discount
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assisted Program (EAP) offering annual health checks, financial wellbeing support and physical and mental wellbeing services
- Length of Service Awards
- Employee referral incentive
- Monthly social and wellbeing events, annual summer and Christmas parties
- Mental Health Awareness and First Aid Training
- Cycle to work scheme
- Volunteer Day
- Tech scheme with Curry's PC world
- Annual Eye Care Voucher for a free eye test and money off glasses frames with Specsavers
- Real Living Wage Employer
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package after 2 years of service
We are an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Minorites, LGBTQ+ candidates and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
When uploading your CV, please do not include any symbols in the name, otherwise the system will not accept your application.
Please email [email protected] should you require any adjustments needed to take part in this recruitment process
Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive, we can only reply to those that are successful to the next stage.Apply now