Provo, UT, US
At Cobalt Robotics, our indoor robots work together with remote human operators to keep our customers safe. We patrol 24x7 to help prevent break-ins, detect massive leaks and give our customers visibility over their space, their assets, and their data.
Cobalt's team is composed of renowned technologists and security professionals, and backed by world-class investors such as Sequoia, Bloomberg Beta, and Coatue. In 2019, Cobalt was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Director of Security Operations to join our team. In this role, you will oversee how our robots operate from our two Cobalt Command Centers (CCC) in Provo, UT and Irvine, CA.
You will manage the five shifts that form the backbone of our service delivery. Your role is focused on ensuring that we deliver the services our customer require, meeting strict operational targets so that we exceed high customer expectations.
This role will be based in Irvine, California or Provo, Utah, and requires some (10%) travel to other Cobalt around the U.S.
- Manage the CCC to strict operational and financial metrics while ensuring customer satisfaction through service delivery
- Look for and implement ways to improve the efficiency of robot fleet operations
- Develop local talent pipelines at each CCC location to ensure staffing requirements are met with high quality, motivated people
- Collaborate with Engineering to build new features and product enhancements that improve the performance and efficiency of the CCC
- In coordination with Customer Success, Field Operations, and Application Engineering, build and refine SOPs that coordinate customer-facing activity across the company
- Mentor and develop the Senior Operations Managers
- 4+ years experience in a direct people management role, including 2+ years as a manager of managers
- Experience in physical security and security operations
- Experience interacting with senior executives
- Knowledge of operations metrics that measure team performance, Obsessed with continuous improvement
- Ability to assess and implement the right level of process and playbooks given our team and company’s maturity and need to stay nimble
- Process oriented with a strong problem solving ability Ability to coach and improve performance of those on your team, especially around management skills
- Ability to synthesize insights from a wide range of sources and create actionable recommendations
- Track record of implementing new processes and procedures, and improving existing ones
- Self-motivated, proactive team player
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building strong relationships
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in Security, Defense, or SaaS is a bonus Ability to travel 10% of the time
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.