We’re a London-based tech company on a mission to remove barriers between people and technology. To do this, we’re crafting intuitive, seamlessly connected products that improve our lives without getting in the way. We think tech needs a change. In a world where products all look the same, we don’t want to just make the same thing as everyone else. What we want is to create iconic products that we’re proud to share with family and friends. And that means we have to do things differently. This is the spirit that drives and sustains everything we do.
In two years, we’ve grown from an idea to a 420+ people-strong global team with offices in four regions and have sold over 1.4 million products…
“In a short amount of time, Nothing has captured some of Apple’s cultural Magic.” - Forbes
“Nothing is the most hyped tech company in years” - GQ
“Nothing has brought a breath of fresh air.” - Hypebeast
“The most exciting startup in consumer tech” - Input
Last summer we released Phone (1), our debut smartphone and the centre of our hugely ambitious consumer tech ecosystem. Launch week saw us trending on UK Twitter, clocking up YouTube views in the millions and securing press coverage in thousands of leading titles. We ended 2022 with the release of our third product: Ear (stick). 2023 brings the latest addition to our audio range that's crafted with artistry, passion and innovation. Say hello to Ear (2), mighty little things.
We’re building a design team in London and are looking for Industrial Design Leads of all genders, nationalities, backgrounds to help us to invent groundbreaking technology products. Our audience is global, and tech needs new voices at the table, so we’re serious about building a talented team with a wide range of backgrounds and perspectives.
As an Industrial Design Lead at Nothing, you’ll be central to shaping the look and feel of our products and will work from our small studio in King’s Cross, London.
As a team, our Design practice covers a wide range of disciplines - Industrial Design, Engineering, Experience & Interaction Design, CMF, Connectivity, Sound, Emerging Technologies and more. In addition to your core skills as a Senior Industrial Designer, we’re interested to hear about your own superpowers, both in and out of work, and how they might contribute to our technological re-invention.
We expect the following of all of our designers:
- Interesting and original concept generation
- Creative and collaborative problem solving
- Excellent visual and verbal communication
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Intuitive appreciation for user-centered design
- Confidence designing for a brand with bold aesthetic direction and a clear vision
- Amazing collaboration skills
- Honesty, transparency and empathy - we do what we say we’re going to do and we look after each other
- Great taste
And as an Industrial Design Lead we’ll also expect:
- Excellent CAD proficiency, including delivery of production-ready A surfaces
- Extensive experience selecting materials and finishing techniques
- Strong working understanding of engineering principles and manufacturing processes
- Expert understanding of the complexities of designing around electronic components
- Experience designing for large-scale manufacture
- Strong experience managing and mentoring Industrial Design teams
But most of all, we’re looking for creative people on our wavelength. If you think you might be one of us, please get in touch.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will always promote a more diverse and inclusive environment. We are committed to being a welcome employer for all candidates.