Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
Do you want to keep learning and developing whilst getting hands-on, payment-building experience?
Do you want to have the opportunity to learn from payments experts and utilise your skills to help Modulr grow the business?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking to hire high-energy, and value-adding talent to join Modulr, the fastest growing payments business in the UK and Europe.
At Modulr our mission is to move money efficiently to power business productivity. We are building a new digital payments service to make money flow more efficiently through businesses and the economy. This is a new type of payments account that is built for businesses that need faster, easier and more reliable ways to move money.
Our flexible platform and innovate approach allows our customers to utilise our payments account instead of a traditional bank account. Our accounts come with a sort code and account number, access to payment systems (eg Faster Payments and Visa) and everything our customers need from a payments account. They can instantly open as many accounts as they need, automate how they make and receive payments as well as the reconciliation processes these create. All in real time, 24/7 through their own systems utilising our API that integrates into any platform.
Our founding team has a wealth of experience in the payments industry and growing successful businesses. Modulr is backed by payments giants PayPal Ventures and FIS Ventures, as well as startup and scale up specialists Blenheim Chalcot, General Atlantic, Frog and Highland Europe which enables us to leverage their resources and expertise to drive our growth initiatives. These partnerships provide us with the necessary provisions to propel our business to new heights.
- Building the extraordinary and going that extra mile
- Owning the opportunity, be passionate and proud of the time you invest
- Move at pace, reach your goals faster with us supporting you each step of the way
- Achieve it together, working as a team and being Modulite
We are looking for a Risk & Operational Resilience Manager to join our Second Line Risk and Compliance Function. They will ensure effective risk management across Modulr’s UK and European entities, across all risk types: operational, information/IT security, prudential, financial crime, safeguarding and operational resilience.
This role requires the ability to ensure that our existing frameworks, plans and processes are developed and maintained to support Modulr’s continued growth. It can be based in either Edinburgh or Amsterdam, and it will report directly into either the Head of Risk & Compliance for UK or the Head of Risk & Compliance for Europe accordingly. The role-holder will have direct line management responsibility for a Risk and Reporting Analyst.
Modulr has a strong team with extensive experience in payments, so you will have a chance to learn from some experts with a real passion for developing the business.
- Develop and maintain the enterprise-wide risk management (EWRM) framework, for all Modulr entities, ensuring our material risks are identified and managed effectively in line with regulatory expectations.
- Ensure that our risk management policies, methods and procedures are developed in a proportionate way to meet the needs of the business and are embedded effectively in BAU.
- Support annual risk appetite assessment, quarterly risk assessment, development of key risk indicators and risk response strategies in collaboration with first line teams.
- Oversee operational risk event management and ensure learnings are captured and used to improve controls.
- Develop and maintain the business continuity and operational resilience approach for all Modulr entities, working in collaboration with Incident and Supplier Management, IT Security and other functions to ensure that in the event of operational disruption, Modulr minimises any impact to its customers, the wider financial system, and its own commercial interests.
- Own the Modulr Business Continuity Plan, operational resilience mapping and self-assessment report, annual testing schedule and associated reporting.
- Plan, co-ordinate and oversee appropriate stress testing ensuring that any remedial actions are identified and tracked to completion.
- Champion a strong risk and compliance culture, influencing people across the business to ensure risk management and resilience by design.
- Line manage the Risk & Reporting Analyst, including development planning, agreeing goals, conducting regular 121s, evaluating performance, coaching and skills transfer.
- Provide high quality, informative and timely management information to the Executive Leadership Team, Audit and Risk Committees and Boards to enable them to discharge their risk management and operational resilience responsibilities.
- Contribute to the wider Second Line Risk and Compliance Team activities as required, such as regulatory reporting; providing input to RFIs/RFPs and supporting team development.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will need to have worked in a similar role within a fast paced FS environment.
- It would be great if you have exposure to Payments and FinTech but not essential.
- Great engagement and influencing skills, recognising the importance of developing strong relationships with stakeholders to achieve results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to deliver clear and concise messages.
- Evidence of project management skills to co-ordinate activities of multiple contributors.
- Experience in conducting technical, risk, or resilience-based assessments and gap analyses.
What can Modulr offer you
You’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team(s), some might be in Edinburgh, London, or Amsterdam. We are friendly and sociable, challenging but rewarding. We want you to push yourself and for us to support you in your future as we scale up and grow. Our culture and values are putting you first and are about investing in your future.
- Share Options Incentive Scheme
- Company Bonus - the more successful we are together, the more company bonus we offer
- Enhanced Pension
- Flexible benefits - £1000 to spend on a variety of benefits for you to choose from which suit your lifestyle and needs
- Perkbox - enjoy freebies and discounts on many other products and services
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + your birthday off - choose which days you take off to relax and/or spend time with loved ones
- Learning Opportunities – on joining Modulr you will embark on our 3-day onboarding programme to be equipped with the Modulr know-how and arm you with the tools you need to be successful from day 1! But, we don’t want your learning to stop there so we will continue to provide you with the tools and capabilities through our learning channels and platforms to allow you to grow and develop in Modulr.
- Modulr hands-on - join your colleagues for our company wide events throughout the year.
- Great workspace - Modulr thrives on innovation which is best done through in-person collaboration. This approach enables us to work together closely, exchange ideas, and create innovative solutions that drive our success. We have state of the art offices located in WeWork in Edinburgh, ScaleSpace in London, and WeWork in Amsterdam.
We believe that by seeing Modulr, and the world, from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all. We want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your identity, age, ability, and background — are things that we will always celebrate and support with open arms. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.Apply now