Los Angeles, CA, US
At Jellysmack, we're an optimistic crew who naturally goes the extra mile, has a glass-half-full mindset, and sees challenges as opportunities. We look for positive people who think outside the box, are inventive, bold, lead change, and believe that teamwork matters. We offer the career opportunities and fast-paced, exciting environment of a growth company where you can make a direct impact on our product and customers.
As part of the team managing Jellysmack’s growth initiatives on YouTube, the Director of YouTube Growth will be responsible for executing growth strategies to ensure expansion and success of our YouTube content.
Obsessed with the YouTube ecosystem, and possessing a data and business centric approach, the candidate will be responsible for leading our growth strategy on YouTube. They will ensure new creators and channels joining Jellysmack benefit from a strong platform expertise to support their development (viewership, engagement, and subscriber growth), based on audience insights, trends, best practices and market intelligence.
This role is at the heart of all the challenges and opportunities implied by growth hacking on YouTube, with a project management component, iterating with multiple stakeholders to deliver a strong impact with a limited operational effort.
What You Can Expect
- You will develop, communicate and execute a comprehensive growth strategy for the organization and its properties on YouTube
- You will develop and implement SEO and keyword strategies to improve video discoverability
- You will develop and implement a clear Audience Development strategy for Jellysmack’s YouTube channels
- You will provide guidance / best practices and monitor the creation of optimized videos, titles, thumbnails and descriptions to channel managers
- You will manage and optimize channel operational process to boost performance and velocity
- You will research and stay up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices for YouTube content creation and optimization
- You will monitor and report on competitor activity and industry trends
- You will work closely with the Director of Content Post-Merger Integrations, and the Showrunner on new channels & shows to launch on YouTube
A Little About You
- You are a creative mind with an obsession for platform optimization and rapid channel growth. You like developing and executing innovative strategies, helping teams to optimize existing content, and expanding channel's reach and engagement to drive exponential growth.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in digital marketing, with a focus on YouTube strategy and optimization
- You have strong analytical and data-driven decision-making skills
- You are deeply familiar with YouTube's policies and best practices with a proven track record of growing YouTube channels and increasing engagement and subscriber growth across a variety of genres
- You are proficient in YouTube Analytics and SEO tools
- You are an excellent communicator and leader
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- You have experience working with diverse types of content creators and genres
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- You are creative thinker with the ability to develop innovative strategies and content ideas
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have the ability to synthesize data into meaningful insights that drive successful business actions.
$158,000 - $205,000 a year
The estimated pay range for this role, based in Los Angeles is $158,000-$205,000. This role is also eligible for bonus and benefits.
A Bit About Us
We are Jellysmack, the global creator company, and we’re obsessed with helping creators Go Bigger.
We believe that creators are the future of entertainment, and we are on a mission to elevate them to their highest potential across social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube, and beyond.
We use technology, data, and expertise to turn the talented video creators of today into the digital icons of tomorrow.
Our powerful AI detects and develops the most promising creators, inviting only the best on a life-changing journey to skyrocket their social growth and build long-term success.
Through multi-platform distribution, financial backing, streaming television syndication, content ideation, brand partnerships, and more, Jellysmack provides the all-encompassing infrastructure that the world’s top creators need to maximize their value.
Our industry-leading solutions impart the gift of time and empower our elite community of creators to prioritize their passion. Our exclusive roster includes names like MrBeast, Bailey Sarian, Brad Mondo, The Try Guys, KallmeKris, Junya, and Luisito Comunica.
We're extraordinarily proud of the company we've built and our numerous awards, including: Fast Company’s Most Innovative in Social Media (2023) and #1 Most Innovative Company in Video (2022), Digiday’s Best Distribution Strategy (2023 Video and TV Awards) and Best Social Management Platform (2022 Technology Awards). We have also been recognized by Forbes and Built In as one of the best places to work in the United States. Our people are Jellysmack's greatest competitive advantage, and we'll continue to invest in our people-first culture.
Ready to be part of a great human adventure?
We’re dedicated to making the best working environment possible for our people. All you have to do is apply; we are ready to let you show off your talent!Apply now