We’re a London-based tech company on a mission to remove barriers between people and technology. To do this, we’re crafting intuitive, seamlessly connected products that improve our lives without getting in the way. We think tech needs a change. In a world where products all look the same, we don’t want to just make the same thing as everyone else. What we want is to create iconic products that we’re proud to share with family and friends. And that means we have to do things differently. This is the spirit that drives and sustains everything we do.
In two years, we’ve grown from an idea to a 420+ people-strong global team with offices in four regions and have sold over 1.4 million products…
“In a short amount of time, Nothing has captured some of Apple’s cultural Magic.” - Forbes
“Nothing is the most hyped tech company in years” - GQ
“Nothing has brought a breath of fresh air.” - Hypebeast
“The most exciting startup in consumer tech” - Input
Last summer we released Phone (1), our debut smartphone and the centre of our hugely ambitious consumer tech ecosystem. Launch week saw us trending on UK Twitter, clocking up YouTube views in the millions and securing press coverage in thousands of leading titles. We ended 2022 with the release of our third product: Ear (stick). 2023 brings the latest addition to our audio range that's crafted with artistry, passion and innovation. Say hello to Ear (2), mighty little things.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Director who will be responsible for providing strategic marketing leadership and strategies in order to strengthen our market position and achieve desired business goals for the India Region.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a brand strategy by shaping and communicating our Global vision and mission in India. Serve the role of brand custodian for all communication from tactical campaigns to external comms, social media etc.
- Identify & plan differentiated and impactful marketing strategies with focus on organic growth
- Drive local collaboration in the eco-system and like-minded brands to build audiences which are strategic to Nothing
- Define the core TG, Value Proposition, elasticities around core benefits etc. and create a short- and long-term Brand Strategy for the business.
- Nurture and build Nothing community with focus on building a strong advocacy
- Collaborate with global marketing team in aligning various business initiatives
- Work closely with the online and offline sales function to align sales and marketing strategies
- Take ownership of regional marketing budget and utilize Manage expenditures effectively
- Maintain brand standards and ensure compliances across all marketing and communication channels
- Liaise with global marketing department, such as PR, Digital, Project and Product Marketing to ensure plans are being integrated across all our channels
- Identify competitors and evaluate their strategies and positioning and devise counter strategies
- Build and maintain collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships with channel partners and strategic collaborators
- Build, manage and coach a high performing marketing team
What we are looking for:
- 10-15 years of relevant work experience as Marketing Head with Global FMCG, consumer tech, other new age companies/start-ups with exposure in leading marketing team is a must
- Experience within a rapidly growing new age start-up is advantageous but not essential
- MBA/PGDM in Marketing from a premier B school
- Strategic mindset, digitally savvy and ability to forge local partnership/collaborations to elevate brand imagery
- Strong creative mindset and deep understanding of Indian culture. A leader who is bold enough to experiment with marketing programs.
- Experience building local campaigns from inception to execution while retaining brand code
- Strong managerial experience with careful attention to processes and frameworks aimed at continuously maximizing team’s output efficiency
- Thorough understanding of all marketing verticals and with a proven track record of successfully executing 360° marketing campaigns
- Robust understanding of the different marketing channels and functions
- Grow, develop and lead a high performing and motivated team
- Clear and persuasive communication skills, able to get buy-in from stakeholders within the company and our India partners to drive our joint business plans
- Has entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable with changing environments as well as multiple overlapping projects
- Enjoys the hustle of a start up with the impact of a global business
- Confident team builder, you’re able to build a successful team and prioritize their personal development and career progression
We are an equal opportunity employer and will always promote a more diverse and inclusive environment. We are committed to being a welcome employer for all candidates.