Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
Do you want to keep learning and developing whilst getting hands-on, payment-building experience?
Do you want to have the opportunity to support European expansion plans and be the Finance Business partner for Europe?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking to hire high-energy, and value-adding talent to join Modulr, the fastest growing payments business in the UK and Europe, to ensure all aspects of Modulr’s European financial reporting and returns (including regulatory) are accurate and compliant.
At Modulr our mission is to move money efficiently to power business productivity. We are building a new digital payments service to make money flow more efficiently through businesses and the economy. This is a new type of payments account that is built for businesses that need faster, easier and more reliable ways to move money.
Our flexible platform and innovate approach allows our customers to utilise our payments account instead of a traditional bank account. Our accounts come with a sort code and account number, access to payment systems (eg Faster Payments and Visa) and everything our customers need from a payments account. They can instantly open as many accounts as they need, automate how they make and receive payments as well as the reconciliation processes these create. All in real time, 24/7 through their own systems utilising our API that integrates into any platform.
Our founding team has a wealth of experience in the payments industry and growing successful businesses. Modulr is backed by payments giants PayPal Ventures and FIS Ventures, as well as startup and scale up specialists Blenheim Chalcot, General Atlantic, Frog and Highland Europe which enables us to leverage their resources and expertise to drive our growth initiatives. These partnerships provide us with the necessary provisions to propel our business to new heights.
- Building the extraordinary and going that extra mile
- Owning the opportunity, be passionate and proud of the time you invest
- Move at pace, reach your goals faster with us supporting you each step of the way
- Achieve it together, working as a team and being Modulite
You will report to the Group Financial Controller (based in Edinburgh) and have a dotted line to European General Manager (in Amsterdam). You will be based in Amsterdam and work closely with both the Finance and European teams.
Depending on the project, you will need to be comfortable doing the following:
- Ensure all aspects of Modulr’s European financial reporting and returns (including regulatory) are completed in an accurate, compliant and timely manner
- Work with Group Finance Function to support creation of European forecasting and budget setting
- Analyse and provide commentary on Modulr’s European financial performance, providing clear updates to the European GM, management and supervisory boards
- Support ad hoc and regular Modulr’s European reporting requirements including expansion plans
- Support European expansion plans, bringing prior experience knowledge or carrying out research on in-country financial requirements
- Act as Finance Business partner for Europe, receiving monthly financials from Group Finance and explaining them to the European GM/Leadership Team
- Contribute to Modulr’s European internal control framework
- Be accountable for European tax compliance and regulatory reporting by preparing information for Regulatory reporting and Tax Compliance with support from external tax partners as necessary
- Work with Modulr’s European Head of Risk and Compliance to identify financial and operational risks for management by European Management and Group Finance team
- Support Modulr’s European external audits –including acting as a point of contact for European details
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders, including external advisers, to support delivery of work
The successful candidate will have a track-record in delivering results in a fast-moving business and hence be comfortable with change and uncertainty. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- An accounting qualification
- Relevant experience in a finance role
- Direct Finance experience within the Netherlands, Dutch GAAP experience preferred
- Problem solving experience and making data-backed decisions to drive performance and change
- A love for collaboration, teamwork and delivering excellence
- An eye for detail
- A hands-on approach, concise and clear style
- Strong written and verbal communication (in English), interpersonal and presentation skills
Nice to have:
- Prior experience in fast scaling businesses in financial services, SaaS or fintech
- A broader understanding of branch reporting requirements in other European countries (e.g. IE, ES, FR, DE, IT, PT)
- European language capability –French, Spanish or German is a plus
What can Modulr offer you
You’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team(s), some might be in Edinburgh, London, or Amsterdam. We are friendly and sociable, challenging but rewarding. We want you to push yourself and for us to support you in your future as we scale up and grow. Our culture and values are putting you first and are about investing in your future.
- Share Options Incentive Scheme
- Company Bonus - the more successful we are together, the more company bonus we offer
- Pension Contributions
- Flexible benefits contribution
- 30 days Holiday allowance
- Perkbox - enjoy freebies and discounts on many other products and services
- Learning Opportunities – on joining Modulr you will embark on our 3-day onboarding programme to be equipped with the Modulr know-how and arm you with the tools you need to be successful from day 1! But, we don’t want your learning to stop there so we will continue to provide you with the tools and capabilities through our learning channels and platforms to allow you to grow and develop in Modulr.
- Modulr hands-on - join your colleagues for our company wide events throughout the year.
- Great workspace - Modulr thrives on innovation which is best done through in-person collaboration. This approach enables us to work together closely, exchange ideas, and create innovative solutions that drive our success. We have offices located in WeWork in Edinburgh, ScaleSpace in London, and WeWork in Amsterdam.
We believe that by seeing Modulr, and the world, from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all. We want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your identity, age, ability, and background — are things that we will always celebrate and support with open arms. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.Apply now