As a part of the Jellysmack Originals Team, you will be in charge of developing new Youtube channels for Jellysmack Originals. You will be responsible for the creative development, the editorial overview and the performance of new Youtube channels.
You will drive the vision and make creative decisions using data-based success metrics to analyze content to produce overperforming videos that directly reaches the unique audience of YouTube.
Working with the Jellysmack Originals Leads & the VP of Production in the US, you will be in charge of the performance of the new Youtube channels, ensuring that the content reaches the revenue and margin goals set for the business and that it meets quality standards. You will be leading a small team to execute the project successfully.
Creative, self-starter and business driven, this role is at the heart of all the challenges and opportunities implied by content development on social media, with a YouTube first approach. It provides a balance between hands-on creative development of new shows, with a clear focus on performance within digital video economics.
What You Can Expect
- You will make great YouTube content! You will develop and oversee Jellysmack Originals’ creative initiatives, development and performance for YouTube, consistently with the company vision and editorial priorities for the platform.
- You will lead the content creation process for all YouTube first channels, from ideation, concept development, through production, with teams of experts in each vertical.
- You will collaborate with other departments to ensure that creative workflow aligns with Jellysmack Originals’ production capabilities to deliver performance driven shows at scale.
- You will analyze and track performance metrics to optimize content performance and inform future content decisions.
- You take data analytics and apply them to creative to produce over performing content that drives revenue and keeps costs low
- You have the ability to understand how video performance ties to delivering financial results that increase revenue and to learn how to read and interpret profit and loss statements
- You will prioritize internal communications amongst various departments disseminating information regarding creative, deadlines and status updates; update internal trackers and project management documents as needed
- You will create timelines for internal milestones, including scheduling internal and external creative kickoff meetings
A Little About You
- You are a passionate YouTube expert and believe in the platform's potential to revolutionize the world of content creation and consumption.
- You are a native digital creative mind with an obsession for using data to launch and grow profitable content.
- You have strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously. You always meet deadlines thanks to your organizational skills and capacity to structure projects.
- You have prior experience managing a team.
- You approach content creation through the combination of your analytical rigor and your creativity, which is nourished by exchanges with your peers and talent.
- You have a deep roster of creative talent within the industry that you leverage to get shows done.
Skills and Qualifications
- You have previous experience in creating content for successful Youtube channels.
- You have 8+ years of proven experience in creative development as a content executive, production and showrunning in the digital landscape.
- You have a strong understanding of Youtube and its ecosystem, including algorithm changes, analytics, and monetization strategies.
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to lead and inspire a team.
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- You have demonstrated the ability to think creatively and outside of the box to drive YouTube channels growth.
- Ability to attend meetings that can be as early as 7AM PT to accommodate international time zones.
- This role will be required to be in the Los Angeles Metro and work on set in that location as needed.
- Competitive Healthcare coverage
- Early Summer release Fridays
- 401K match
- Paid volunteering: 1 day dedicated to supporting a cause of your choice
- Company sponsored wellness programs and events
- Cell phone/internet reimbursement
- A $300 USD allowance for your home office
$158,000 - $182,000 a year
The estimated pay range for this role, based in Los Angeles is $158,000 - $182,000. This role is also eligible for bonus and benefits.
A Bit About Us
We are Jellysmack, the global creator company, and we’re obsessed with helping creators Go Bigger.
We believe that creators are the future of entertainment, and we are on a mission to elevate them to their highest potential across social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube, and beyond.
We use technology, data, and expertise to turn the talented video creators of today into the digital icons of tomorrow.
Our powerful AI detects and develops the most promising creators, inviting only the best on a life-changing journey to skyrocket their social growth and build long-term success.
Through multi-platform distribution, financial backing, streaming television syndication, content ideation, brand partnerships, and more, Jellysmack provides the all-encompassing infrastructure that the world’s top creators need to maximize their value.
Our industry-leading solutions impart the gift of time and empower our elite community of creators to prioritize their passion. Our exclusive roster includes names like MrBeast, Bailey Sarian, Brad Mondo, The Try Guys, KallmeKris, Junya, and Luisito Comunica.
We're extraordinarily proud of the company we've built and our numerous awards, including: Fast Company’s Most Innovative in Social Media (2023) and #1 Most Innovative Company in Video (2022), Digiday’s Best Distribution Strategy (2023 Video and TV Awards) and Best Social Management Platform (2022 Technology Awards). We have also been recognized by Forbes and Built In as one of the best places to work in the United States. Our people are Jellysmack's greatest competitive advantage, and we'll continue to invest in our people-first culture.
Ready to be part of a great human adventure?
We’re dedicated to making the best working environment possible for our people. All you have to do is apply; we are ready to let you show off your talent!