Are you an architect or a senior engineer with very strong SaaS architecture experience? Do micro services, Kubernetes, Istio, Kafka, event streaming, time series databases appeal to you? Then continue reading, you are at the right place!
We are looking for a Senior Software Architect to join our Architecture team. You will play a very important role in evolving our next generation Nexthink Saas Platform. You will work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to drive the design and evolution of our big data and cloud native architecture.
You will coach and mentor other architects and engineers, and with the rest of the Architecture team, manage the needs of multiple teams and stakeholders to provide the best platform design and overall architecture for the product. You will work on its design, help to prototype it and setup the principles, guidelines and governance to ensure our teams can deliver this new architecture. In more details, this will imply:
With the Architecture team and Tech Leads, define and maintain the overall product architecture
- Given the architecture strategy related to our big data, analytics and cloud native product vision, work on the concrete architecture design and when necessary, prototype it
- Help define principles and guidelines, ensuring they are followed by our engineering teams
- Help the product team by defining non-functional requirements
- Maintain the technology stack and related roadmap, validating technological choices through prototypes
Setup proper architecture documentation and governance:
- Help with communication of the architecture updates and decisions
- Manage and resolve different needs between the global architecture direction and teams/business needs
- Provide architecture coaching and mentoring with the engineering teams’ tech leads
- Ensure that it fits the engineering teams’ agile development practices
Support the product ownership of the technical platform team:
- Gather requirements from Engineering Managers and Product Managers and transform them into User Stories so the platform team can adapt and/or evolve the architecture accordingly
- Work closely with the Engineering Managers and other Product Managers to understand their needs and incorporate them into the roadmap