About the team
Developer Experience is a team within engineering focused on documentation and developer tooling, including SDKs and product-adjacent API tools. Our mission is to empower developers across an increasing spectrum of ability to quickly and joyfully become productive with Camunda technologies by curating excellent developer journeys through documentation and product-adjacent tools.
What you'll be doing
We are looking for a Senior Java Backend Engineer to join our Developer Experience Team and help us improve the experience developers have when working programmatically with Camunda products in Java. Your responsibilities will include:
- Build Camunda Platform 8’s first Java Spring SDK, incorporating all component APIs into a single, comprehensive SDK experience
- Embrace usage of Camunda APIs by providing Camunda Platform 8 clients & SDKs in Java Spring
- Advocate for Camunda Platform 8 API usage by ensuring Java clients are easily discovered, understood, and used
- Stay on top of the best developer environment tooling like IDEs, API tools, and more, keeping the community aware of how to use them efficiently with Camunda
*This is a remote role and can be based anywhere in the US. We currently do not provide any immigration support for this role.
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of experience programming in Java, including Spring, and openness to expand your knowledge of programming languages and invest into building even more clients.
- Experience building and maintaining product SDKs, API wrappers, or clients for external use.
- Ability to work asynchronously with teams and cross-functional groups across timezones to accomplish a singular goal.
- Demonstrate a “Manager-of-one” mindset: be empowered and responsible for making your own decisions while being sure that you will always get help and input from teammates where needed.
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
Who is Camunda?
Camunda enables organizations to orchestrate processes across people, systems, and devices to continuously overcome complexity and increase efficiency. With Camunda, business users and developers collaborate using BPMN to model end-to-end processes and run sophisticated automation with the speed, scale, and resilience required to stay competitive. Hundreds of enterprises such as Atlassian, ING, and Vodafone design, orchestrate, and improve business-critical processes with Camunda to accelerate digital transformation. To learn more visit camunda.com.
Annually recognized by Deloitte among top high-growth companies, Camunda operates as a global, remote-first organization.
What We Have to Offer:
- A remote-first culture that enables you to work remotely as much as you’d like to. We believe talent is global!
- A home office equipment budget and the choice of hardware. Mac, Windows, Linux, you choose what works best for you!
- We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, so we offer and encourage unlimited, paid flexible time off at Camunda. Use your flexible time for anything that helps you recharge your batteries or maintain your life outside of work.
- A clear mind is a healthy mind; we offer a headspace subscription and pay towards your fitness activities.
- Each year, Camunda hosts a company-wide get-together in new and exciting locations! Find out more about the annual retreat here.
- Inclusive culture based on our FAITH values, performance reviews, and employee engagement surveys to make sure you feel heard and valued.
- All Camunda employees are offered virtual shares from our Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- More of what we offer globally & in your country can be found here.
”Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: https://camunda.com/career/.Apply now