As our Financial Controller, you will help us achieve our goals and deliver success on behalf of our customers by ensuring the integrity of the Group’s Financial Accounting and Reporting.
This is a hybrid role based in our Cambridge office, so you will ideally be comfortable coming into the office at least twice a week. If you’re interested in the role but require more flexibility, please speak to us!
Day to Day
- Own and maintain a strong financial control environment
- Own and continuously improve financial processes (P2P, Payroll, O2C and R2R)
- Develop and inspire a high-performing team that scales to match the growth of the business
- Coordinate monthly and annual financial reporting to Senior Management Team (SMT) and the Board
- Track performance against annual and strategic goals; update the financial forecast each month in the light of actual results
- Lead all the financial aspects of the annual and strategic plans
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of financial standards (both implemented and anticipated)
- Ensure a high-quality statutory audit
- As a fast-growing company, we hire people with a willingness to adapt and contribute; so we ask for ownership of any other duties as required
- Qualified accountant; ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent)
- Post qualification experience (audit firm or industry)
- Strong leadership skills to build and inspire the team
- Strong communication skills to engage with the Board, SMT and peers
- Process and systems optimisation
- A positive attitude, humble, and an enthusiasm to learn
- Resilience and adaptability to match a fast-growing environment
Great to haves:
- Applying revenue recognition judgements
- Preparation of financial information in the event of an IPO or sale
- Cross-border, multi-currency trading flows
Here at Featurespace we are committed to being a place of equality, inclusion and respect to provide a safe environment for you to bring your authentic self to work. We know that we gain as much strength from our differences as we do our similarities. We value diversity and are dedicated to listening and learning from each other to build and maintain a positive and productive culture. We appreciate this will be an ever-evolving focus for the business to ensure everyone feels supported and has a sense of belonging.