We are an engineering-led technology scale-up applying complex computer science techniques to change the way risk is determined and to drive better decision making through our SaaS platform, Renew. Renew has been carefully engineered to let users build and deploy mathematical models that can then be used to harness the power of complex data sets, while at the same time enhancing their own technical skillset.
We are currently applying this to specialty insurance pricing and Renew has already solved a great number of deeply complex problems for its users, including how to insure a Space X launch! This involved wrangling all manner of weird and wonderful, fragmented datasets to calculate the risk of any possible obstacle and outcome, right from the astronauts’ arrival at the launchpad to the rocket breaking through each layer of earth's atmosphere and then a safe return to Earth, accounting for every potential obstacle along the way - including space debris!
We are currently partnered with some of the largest and most cutting-edge names in specialty and enterprise insurance today, and our client base is growing rapidly. Over the last 2 years we have grown from a 15-person start-up in Peckham to a 100-person, post-Series A scaleup with HQ at The Ministry, Borough. We've been busily establishing our 'foundations to scale' and have now have the framework required to take us to the next level.
Learning at hx
We are building an insurance industry first community of Python and product evangelists enabled by top class learning collateral. We partner with others in establishing hx as a vital contributor to the development of programming skills in the insurance industry. This is not about just training insurance professionals on our product (although this is important), but on all things that Python can help with in insurance.
- You’ve been working as a Python developer. You love it, but want to share these skills with others, and further develop yourself.
- Reporting into Head of Learning, We’ll support you in building the skills to become a trainer, both for our staff, and customers.
- Through this, you will develop your technical skills further, but also develop a deeper understanding of the insurance industry.
- You’ll be responsible for the day to day running of our certification program, and also a strong contributor in our online community.
- As a scaleup company, there will be plenty of opportunities for your role to evolve, and for you to follow a path that both interests and motivates you. In doing so, you will work closely with our team to maintain and enhance our training offerings, while also creating and delivering new materials, using a variety of modalities.
- Enhance, develop, and maintain the Python centric exam program and processes.
- Build and maintain processes to manage exam data and user information.
- Collaborate with the customer and product teams to understand user requirements and implement relevant training under the guidance of our curriculum developer and eLearning specialist.
- Work with our Marketing and Customer teams to drive adoption of all aspects of your work.
- Develop and deliver training materials to users in the context of the insurance industry, including online tutorials, and videos, as well as face-to-face training.
- Manage the online community by answering questions, moderating discussions, and addressing user concerns.
- Provide support to users to help them maximise the value of the exam and community platforms.
- Continuously monitor the exam platform for issues or areas for improvement.
- Achieve certified competence to deliver Day 1 Customer training
- Run day to day operation of the certification program
- Become an active administrator/contributor to the online community
- Getting integrated with our Model Development team.
- Becoming familiar with Learning team processes and cadence.
- Leverage great tech to beat the odds in how quickly we release good quality training.
If you're the right fit for this role, you will be able to show clear evidence that you:
Are a self starter, able to work in teams or alone, but don’t like to be idle.
Are committed, to completing tasks or projects on time and to spec.
Are a persistent and creative innovator who is looking to take ownership of their work and challenge the company on what great looks like.
Are an owner, you understand the importance of autonomy and you are committed to succeeding when others might stop.
Are always learning about how to do something better, or how to use a new skill, which can be shared with our customers.
Experience and skills
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Python Developer or commercial development experience with other 4GLs.
- Great communication (written and verbal) and collaboration skills.
- Enjoy presenting to a live or online audience.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting.
- Initial phone call to see if we fit
- Intro interview with the Head of Learning
- Skill assessment - Python test & Meet the team
- 1:1 with the Head of Learning
- Values IV & meet the CRO
- We offer!
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary + very staff-friendly EMI share options
- £5,000 for individual and group training and conference budget
- 25 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holiday days (33 in total)
- Company pension scheme via Penfold
- Mental health and therapy provision via Spectrum.life
- Individual wellbeing allowance via Juno
- Private healthcare insurance through AXA
- Top-spec equipment (laptop, screens, mechanical keyboards, etc)
- Regular remote hackathons, lunch & learns, socials and games nights
- Team breakfasts and lunches, snacks, drinks fridge, fun office @ The Ministry
- Huge opportunity for personal development and mastery as we grow together!
Diversity @ hx
We are committed to diversity and equal opportunity. We’re a talented and high-energy, but low-ego and kind team who believes that the more inclusive we are, the better our work and culture is. We are not yet where we want to be in terms of balance, but it is our mission to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives and we are working hard towards that goal. Apply now