Job Role: Strategy and Operations Manager
Reporting to: Chief Operations Officer
Location: Head Office, White City Place, West London
Contract type: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Workplace Type: Hybrid
ME+EM is one of the UK’s fastest-growing modern luxury fashion brands. As a direct-to-consumer business we operate in a truly multi-channel sense with seven London stores, as well as concessions in Harrods and Selfridges, supporting a rapidly expanding global digital business.
We are an entrepreneurial, creative, and passionate group of people. We work hard, are enthusiastic to learn and aren't afraid to take risks. Everyone contributes to our success at all levels, and that's precisely what makes being a member of the team so rewarding.
Our goal is to make ME+EM as diverse and inclusive as we possibly can. We make sure everyone has a voice with annual engagement surveys, employee-led committees, focus groups and quarterly town hall meetings. We pride ourselves on being approachable, supportive, and welcoming and ensure that everyone’s hard work is rewarded.
About the Role:
This is a newly created role which will work closely with the Founder and Management Team (MT) to support the strong period of growth ME+EM are currently undergoing and projecting in the mid to long term. The Strategy and Operational Manager will work with the team to streamline and manage initiatives and projects within the business, using a strong point of view, business acumen and prior experience to make informed contributions to business success. The ideal candidate will have proven success in a business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration.
Objectives of the Role:
- Oversee and orchestrate strategic business initiatives, from development through to successful execution, under the guidance of senior leadership and department heads.
- Assist, challenge and communicate with MT to facilitate timely decision-making, project management, and ensure initiatives are moving forward and aligned to business goals.
- Seek Improvements to current processes and optimise organisational procedures for efficiency and productivity and alignment to business priorities.
- Serve as liaison with Founder, MT, and wider teams regarding company, project updates, proposals, and planning, constantly evaluating priorities and output are aligned.
- Own the delivery of key decks/ slides and documents for key strategic meetings, including board packs.
- Follow and track progress against key objectives and provide updates and raise concerns if deadlines are at risk.
- Support MT and management team to facilitate managing/ coordinating calendars, version and file
control, planning and coordinating key corporate meetings, and ensure facilities are appropriately administered.
- Build on relationships with MT and key employees for increased efficiency and responsiveness of
existing operations and help define new operational strategies by working with Founder and COO and other executives on special projects.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert, handling inquiries, developing action plans, and assisting with preparation and dissemination of communications.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ideally the candidate will have an MBA or similar qualification and prior experience in a business management role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Versatile abilities and extreme dedication to efficient productivity.
- Excellent tech/ powerpoint skills for presentations and data storytelling.
- Experience in data analysis and budget management.
- Proven success in a project coordination role.
- Strong project-reporting skills, with focus on interdepartmental communications.
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays and a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Generous Staff Discount of up to 70% off and Sample Sales
- Generous Friends and Family Discount
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assisted Program (EAP) offering annual health checks, financial wellbeing support and physical and mental wellbeing services
- Length of Service Awards
- Employee referral incentive
- Monthly social and wellbeing events, annual summer and Christmas parties
- Mental Health Awareness and First Aid Training
- Cycle to work scheme
- Volunteer Day
- Tech scheme with Curry's PC world
- Annual Eye Care Voucher for a free eye test and money off glasses frames with Specsavers
- Real Living Wage Employer
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package after 2 years of service
We are an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Minorites, LGBTQ+ candidates and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
When uploading your CV, please do not include any symbols in the name, otherwise the system will not accept your application.
Please email [email protected] should you require any adjustments needed to take part in this recruitment process
Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive, we can only reply to those that are successful to the next stageApply now