Hi, we’re Nexthink. We’re not just the leader in the digital employee experience category, we invented the category. Our solutions combine real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback across all endpoints to help IT teams delight people at work. Our cloud-native platform pinpoints issues and solutions, automates response, and helps companies continuously improve their employees’ experience, making them more productive, efficient, and happy at work. We have millions of endpoints deployed, we’ve surpassed $190M in ARR, and we’ve recently secured $180M in Series D financing for a company valuation of $1.1B, but we’re just getting started.
Nexthink is looking for passionate and innovative professionals that are keen to join our Platform Systems team, which is part of the Developer Experience group. The team ensures our Cloud platform is operated using best in class methodologies and tools and allow us to delight our clients with the best cloud experience. This position is focused on operating, scaling, and automating the Nexthink Kafka and streaming infrastructure with top performance, availability and service level, but also on ensuring that it runs in a cost-efficient way. The new Platform Engineer for Kafka should contribute to the team with their previous experience in Software Engineering, Platform Engineering or Site Reliability Engineering and have particular interest in large-scale data-intensive distributed systems and pipelines.
- Monitoring and reliability. Use and own the specifications of our tooling set related to monitoring, telemetry, reliability, and automation to assess the health of the data pipeline based on Nexthink workloads.
- Operation. Manage the availability of the Kafka clusters and streaming platforms which empower Nexthink data pipelines. Understand and be able to communicate the scale, capacity, security, redundancy and performance attributes and requirements.
- Incident management and response. Detect, diagnose and fix incidents finding solutions to achieve required Service Levels. Owner of the post-mortem process of such incidents by writing technical content both for customers and internal stakeholders.
- Work with architects, team leads and developers in activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews.
- Contribute to Nexthink tooling and automation framework for provisioning and scaling the infrastructure, with particular focus on resiliency and elasticity strategies.
- Have on-call responsibilities in rotation with the engineering team.
- Min 5 years of experience as a Software Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Platform Engineer or Site Reliability Engineer with knowledge of best practices of professional software development.
- Experience with distributed systems and streaming technologies in general, and familiarity with Apache Kafka in particular.
- Experience operating services on Linux systems.
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as New Relic, Prometheus, Grafana and others. Experience administering and deploying on cloud-based platforms (Azure, AWS, Google and/or others), using infrastructure as code (Cloud Formation, Terraform, etc.), configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet) and pipeline creation tools (like Jenkins, GitHub Actions, GitLab).
- At ease with operating and managing production systems, solving issues striking the right balance between urgency and methodology.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
Great to have:
- Experience with AWS MSK.
- Experience working with Kubernetes and writing custom operators.
- Experience with Kafka in-depth configuration and performance optimisation.
We are 900+ employees strong in 21 countries across 8 different time zones speaking 60+ languages. We are positive, we get things done, we keep growing, and we are one team, we are Nexthink. We believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusion, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience.