We’re a London-based tech company on a mission to remove barriers between people and technology. To do this, we’re crafting intuitive, seamlessly connected products that improve our lives without getting in the way. We think tech needs a change. In a world where products all look the same, we don’t want to just make the same thing as everyone else. What we want is to create iconic products that we’re proud to share with family and friends. And that means we have to do things differently. This is the spirit that drives and sustains everything we do.
In two years, we’ve grown from an idea to a 420+ people-strong global team with offices in four regions and have sold over 1.4 million products…
“In a short amount of time, Nothing has captured some of Apple’s cultural Magic.” - Forbes
“Nothing is the most hyped tech company in years” - GQ
“Nothing has brought a breath of fresh air.” - Hypebeast
“The most exciting startup in consumer tech” - Input
Last summer we released Phone (1), our debut smartphone and the centre of our hugely ambitious consumer tech ecosystem. Launch week saw us trending on UK Twitter, clocking up YouTube views in the millions and securing press coverage in thousands of leading titles. We ended 2022 with the release of our third product: Ear (stick). 2023 brings the latest addition to our audio range that's crafted with artistry, passion and innovation. Say hello to Ear (2), mighty little things.
We’re excited to continue building our digital and social media capability and as a videographer and editor at Nothing you’ll be responsible for the capturing and shaping the look and feel of all our video output across long and short content formats for our social media channels.
A social-first editing mindset is essential, as is the ability to deliver both long and short form edits in a variety of formats, from YouTube to TikTok and Reels. You will be ready with ideas to improve our existing content and push us to try new things.
The Digital Marketing team are now gearing up to produce a high volume of original content, vital in keeping our audiences engaged and building brand awareness.
Working within an incredible internal team, you will have the opportunity to experiment with new concepts across our social media channels.
This is an exciting opportunity for an excellent videographer and editor, specialising in social-first video content and always thinking digitally first. Using your creative flair, and excellent video editing skills, you will shape storytelling content for multiple social channels. The role of the social videographer and editor is to craft stories from rushes and supplied video content which may come from various sources.
- Being at the forefront of social video content, keep informed on the application of new trends and styles
- Shoot/Create story-telling and entertaining videos for our social media platforms (YouTube, Reels, TikTok). Planning and preparing daily video shoots.
- Through video, convey best practices to drive engagement, determining the best angle, view and lighting to ensure the videos encourage views, impressions and shares
- High level of proficiency in operation cameras, requiring highly competent framing and dynamic composition and colour grading.
- To confidently and competently operate different types of lighting equipment to capture video image with the best possible technical and aesthetic standards.
- Able to edit to a highly creative and technical standard to create engaging video assets using Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Mix audio, apply basic colour correction, liaise with outside contractors and comply with industry standards and best practises.
- Create titles and motion graphics in After Effects.
- Maximise content shot from any shoot, to support and drive integrated storytelling across our multiple social channels.
- Editing video shoots produced by our in-house producers and Campaign and Brand video content to be used above and below the line.
- Leading creation, innovation and development of Nothing’s animation style.
- 5+ years in a similar role
- Shooting creative content on both Android Smartphone and professionals cameras (i.e. FS7 and A7S)
- Experience creating native social content for YT, TikTok, IG & TW
- A comprehensive knowledge of Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Strong attention to detail, be able to self quality control all assets.
- Understand various camera formats and how to work with raw footage.
- Experience of the online process, be able to work collaboratively with external sound mixing and colour grading studios.
- Experience in video and motion graphics.
- Proficiency in lighting, depth of field and other composition techniques in order to consistently achieve and convey the required aesthetic result.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a diplomatic and proactive approach.
- Able to deal with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Heavy consumer of online content and aware of online digital creator space.
- understanding of working with mixed codecs and frame sizes is required
- Ability to craft films to be used in integrated storytelling across multiple digital channels
- Be responsible for editorial accuracy and compliance of video content
- Effectively archive rushes and content supplied to you, ensuring all media items are regularly maintained and accessible to the wider business
- Demonstrable experience with managing time and delivering projects to deadlines
- Examples of delivered digital channel projects
We are an equal opportunity employer and will always promote a more diverse and inclusive environment. We are committed to being a welcome employer for all candidates.